Wednesday, August 31, 2011

RECIPE: Lentil Meatballs


Tried this recipe from vegweb.com on my family this weekend. I am the only one interested in eating them. They are kinda weird and very "bread-y" but my first experience with lentils was not a total disaster. Warning: while being cooked, lentils smell like pee. While being mashed, lentils look like poo. Soooo, not incredibly appetizing. A veg co-worker recommended Trader Joe's meatless meatballs so I might do that next time. I just liked the idea of not having soy all the time! Anywho, recipe below.

Amazing Lentil Meatballs (No Soy)

Ingredients:

    2 cups lentils
    1 cup oats
    1 cup corn meal
    salt and pepper, to taste
    2 tablespoons onion powder
    1 tablespoon garlic powder
    vegetable oil, for frying

Directions:

1. Cook lentils according to directions. Use a masher to mash up the lentils to make more of a paste. Preheat oven to 500 degrees F.

2. Add everything else except oil, form into balls, and lightly fry.

3. Transfer to oven to finish, about 10-15 minutes.

Source of recipe: I wrote this.

Makes: 8 - 12 Meatballs, Preparation time: 5 min, Cooking time: 30 min


No comments:

Post a Comment