Monday, September 5, 2011

Labor Day FAIL!

Today I spent some time discovering the Sneaky Chef cookbook with recipes supposedly for men that I found for $1.40 at the Door County Pick N' Save. It has several interesting looking recipes in it, but you have to make these purees first. Normally I would not be into pureeing my food (not until I'm 85 and have no teeth!). But since I need to do it anyway for Billy's food, I thought I would give it a shot for us big kids.

So I made the simple "Purple" puree that consists of blueberries and spinach. After that I decided to try a muffin recipe. Upon completing the mixing portion of the recipe, my husband came in and said, "Oh wow." He was a little shocked by the color.


I thought it seemed strange too, but I figured it just looked weird because of the blueberries and spinach. So I baked them and they looked just as odd once they were baked and tasted a little bland. So I decided to take another look at the recipe. Guess what? Turns out I left out 3 TB of of cocoa powder. Sigh........Anyway, I am hoping Billy might eat them. He won't know the difference. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment